Noisefloor 2018: Call for works (NOW CLOSED)
We are currently working through the submissions and will update with a schedule in the near future
We are delighted to announce the return of the Noisefloor festival. Noisefloor is an experimental sound and image festival showcasing the work of local, national and international artists.
Concerts and screenings will take place during the period 7th – 11th May 2018. This year we will also be hosting 20-minute paper sessions for composers and artists to discuss their work. The diverse nature of the festival will provide opportunities for artists to explore the fluidity between the five themed concerts. The Noisefloor festival would like to invite submissions for the following events:
- Fixed acousmatic (non-AV) concert – curated by Doug Rouxel
- Popular music and interactive systems concert – curated by Si Waite
- Fixed media audio-visual music concert – curated by Dr Dave Payling
- Acoustic instruments with electronics concert – curated by Dr Marc Estibeiro
- Experimental film screening – curated by Daniel Hopkins
- Artworks (Moving image and audio) – Curated by Prof Ian Brown
- Artworks that respond to, or engage with, the production, reception and dissemination of music (including music theory and music culture). Artworks must be audio or screen/projection based.
- 20 minute Paper Presentations – Curated by Dave Payling and Marc Estibeiro
Venue: Staffordshire University, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2DE
Festival Dates: 7th – 11th May 2018
Deadline for submissions: 2nd February 2018
Notification of acceptance: 9th March 2018